Boyd’s 2012 Accomplishments
· First in the nation in touchdown responsibility points (250) on 41 touchdowns (rushing, passing) and two two-point conversions.
· Second in the nation in passing efficiency (172.7).
• First in the nation in passing efficiency against teams with winning records (174.6).
• First in the nation in passing touchdowns vs. league teams (27).
• First in the nation in passing touchdowns in the first half (24).
• Has 33 passing touchdowns and eight rushing touchdowns to break his own ACC record for touchdown responsibility.
• Has passed for 300+ yards six times and 200+ yards 10 times.
• Has passed for five touchdown in three of the last four games.
• Three-time ACC Offensive Back-of-the-Week, more than any other player.
• Walter Camp National Offensive Player-of-the-Week when he accounted for eight touchdowns and 529 total yards vs. N.C. State.
Boyd’s Career Accomplishments
• First quarterback to take Clemson to consecutive 10-win seasons since Rodney Williams (1987,88).
• Has quarterbacked Clemson to five wins against top-25 opponents the last two years.
• First in ACC history in touchdown responsibility per game (2.63).
• Second in ACC history behind Charlie Ward in passing touchdowns per game (2.19).
• Third in ACC history in touchdown responsibility (84).
• Fourth in ACC history in total offense per game (265.8).
• Fourth in ACC history in passing touchdowns (70).
• First in Clemson history in passing efficiency (151.0) and touchdown responsibility (84).
Freeman’s 2012 Accomplishments
• Started each of the last 47 games at center, tied for the longest streak in Clemson history.
• Only returning finalist for the Rimington Trophy and a strong candidate for the top center honor in 2012.
• Two-time ACC Offensive Lineman-of-the-Week. He is one of only two two-time selections in 2012.
• Top-rated Tiger blocker who averages 45 points and 536 yards per game. He is also a big reason Clemson is ranked in top 10 in the nation with a 10-1 record.
• Starter in every game this year and second on the team in snaps with 804.
• Has an average film grade of 87 percent and has 45 knockdown blocks in 2012.
• First-Team All-ACC selection in 2011.
• CoSIDA Academic All-District and Academic All-ACC selection who has a 3.52 career GPA.
Head Coach Dabo Swinney on Dalton Freeman
I’ve said many times, he’s like the 10th coach on my staff. He’s off the charts. He’s a great player. His intangibles, his will to win, his character and integrity and leadership and toughness, his football IQ...it’s hard to replace a guy like that. He has been a cornerstone of our program as we’ve built it the last four years. He has been a four-year starter. He was one of those guys who when I got this job, he was a red-shirt freshman. Four years later, he’s leaving here having started more conference wins than any other player in Clemson history. He’s played more snaps than any player in the history of this program. He’s been a starter in every game in back-to-back 10 win seasons. It’s incredible. He’s been a rock for us.
• Has 68 receptions for 1,171 yards and 15 touchdowns.
• Second in the nation in receiving touchdowns (15). The ACC record is 17.
• First in the nation in receiving touchdowns vs. teams with a winning record (10).
• First in the nation in receiving touchdowns in the first half (11).
• First in the nation in receiving yards on plays of third-and-seven or longer (197).
• Third in the nation in third-down receptions for a first down (17).
• Third in the nation in receiving yards on third down (372).
• Eighth in nation in receiving yards per game (106.5).
• Has at least one receiving touchdown in 10 of the 11 games in 2012, including each of the last eight games.
• Has five 100-yard receiving games this year, including 197 yards at Boston College, second-most in school history.
• Twice this year, he had three receiving touchdowns in an eight-and-a-half minute span.
• Semifinalist for the 2012 Biletnikoff Award.
• Set a Tiger record for receiving touchdowns in a game (3), season (15), and career (24).
• Became Clemson’s career leader in receiving yards (2,786), 100- yard receiving games (11), and receiving touchdowns (24).
The Tiger Pregame Show on Facebook
Tiger Pregame On Twitter