(Photo Uploaded By Alan Cutts)
Today’s photos are associated with a Clemson legend, Judge Keller.
The above photo is of the first Judge Keller, Isaac Keller, from the 1950’s shortly before he turned his store over to his son, William Bryan Keller.
The story goes that Isaac Keller, a tailor, would see to it that the uniforms of the cadets would fit properly. This all started because a cadet wouldn't wear his uniform saying it didn't fit. The cadet was sent to Isaac Keller to settle the dispute, and thus the nickname "Judge" stuck to him.
The photo below shows Judge Keller’s store in downtown Clemson as it was in 1936.
William Bryan Keller passed away many years ago, but his son Leonard Keller took over the store upon his father’s death.
The Tiger Pregame Show On Facebook
Tigerpregame on Twitter
Scott Rhymer can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org