Clemson’s “Main Building” In 1930’s
(Photo Uploaded By Alan Cutts)
Tiger Pregame Show Sponsor
Cleveland Golf Products Are A Proud Sponsor Of The Tiger Pregame Show http://www.clevelandgolf.com/
Today’s photo is from the 1930’s and shows Clemson’s “Main Building”, today called Tillman Hall.
Tillman Hall is not the oldest building on the campus, but it is one of the most recognized building at Clemson. It overlooks Bowman Field and was dedicated in 1891 and was originally called "The Agricultural Building." Much of the building was destroyed in a fire on May 22, 1894.
Known as the Main Building for the first half of the twentieth century, it was formally named Tillman Hall in honor of Governor Benjamin Tillman, one of the seven original trustees of Clemson, by the Board of Trustees at their meeting in the first week of July, 1946.
The Tiger Pregame Show On Facebook
Tigerpregame on Twitter
Scott Rhymer can be reached at email@example.com