National Champions

National Champions

Sunday, June 16, 2013

June 16th Clemson Historic Picture Of The Day

More 1930’s Clemson Campus


(Photos Uploaded By Alan Cutts)

Today’s photo is from the 1930’s and shows a variety of photos from around campus. The above photo is of the old 3rd Barracks.

The 3rd Barracks was located directly across from the Calhoun Mansion and was an integral part of Clemson’s Military history. The 3rd Barracks was replaced in 1954 by the Johnstone Hall complex.

The next photo is a wide shot of the Main Building.

Known as the Main Building for the first half of the twentieth century, it was formally named Tillman Hall in honor of Governor Benjamin Tillman, one of the seven original trustees of Clemson, by the Board of Trustees at their meeting in the first week of July, 1946.

The Tiger Pregame Show On Facebook
Tigerpregame on Twitter

Scott Rhymer can be reached at scottrhymer.tps@gmail.com