Tillman Hall In The Snow-1940’s
(Photos Uploaded By Alan Cutts)
Today’s photo is from the 1940’s and shows a beautiful Bowman Field and Tillman Hall after a fresh winter snow.
In this photo, Tillman Hall was just becoming Tillman Hall. Prior to 1946, the building was called the Main Building. This was the case for the first half of the twentieth century.
The building was formally named Tillman Hall in honor of Governor Benjamin Tillman, one of the seven original trustees of Clemson, by the Board of Trustees at their meeting in the first week of July, 1946.
The Tiger Pregame Show On Facebook
Tigerpregame on Twitter
Scott Rhymer can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org