Calisthenics On Bowman Field In 1940
(Photos Uploaded By Alan Cutts)
Today’s photo focuses on Clemson Cadets on parade at Bowman Field from the early 1940’s.
The above photo was taken just prior to WWII, sometime around 1940. The cadets are doing calisthenics on Bowman Field, and it appears they have drawn an audience on the bank across what is now Highway 93.
Although Clemson became a coeducational civilian institution in 1955, it still maintains an active military presence. The university is home to detachments for U.S. Army and U.S. Air Force Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) as well as a host school for the U.S. Marine Corps PLC program adjacent to the Semper Fi Society.
The following organizations are present among the military personnel at Clemson: Company C-4 Pershing Rifles, K-7 Scabbard and Blade, Major Rudolf Anderson, Jr. Squadron Arnold Air Society, Major Dennis H. Satler Chapter Silver Wings, and the Clemson Rangers.
The Tiger Pregame Show On Facebook
Tigerpregame on Twitter
Scott Rhymer can be reached at email@example.com