Cadets On Bowman Field In 1930's
(Photos Uploaded By Alan Cutts)
Today's photo is a wide look at Bowman Field facing Sikes Hall. The photo was taken sometime around 1931 or maybe earlier.
In 1931, the enrollment at Clemson at was only 1,247; which would mean this might be the entire college on parade.
Although Clemson became a coeducational civilian institution in 1955, it still maintains an active military presence. The university is home to detachments for U.S. Army and U.S. Air Force Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) as well as a host school for the U.S. Marine Corps PLC program adjacent to the Semper Fi Society.
The Tiger Pregame Show On Facebook
Tigerpregame on Twitter
Tigerpregame on Medium
Scott Rhymer can be reached at email@example.com