Cadets And 3rd Barracks From 1930’s
(Photos Uploaded By Alan Cutts)
Today’s photo is from the 1930’s and shows the Cadets behind the Trustee House. This picture also gives you a perspective of where the 3rd Barracks was, as seen in the photo.
The 3rd Barracks was located directly across from the Calhoun Mansion and was an integral part of Clemson’s Military history. The 3rd Barracks was replaced in 1954 by the Johnstone Hall complex.
Speaking of Clemson’s military history, the C-4 Pershing Rifles have won the national society's drill meet eight times: 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009 and 2011. Company C-4 also performs colorguards, twenty-one-gun salutes, exhibition-drill performances, and POW/MIA ceremonies. Company C-4 performs colorguard performance at the university's home football games.
Clemson’s Air Force ROTC Detachment 770 "Flyin' Tigers" was selected as the #1 "medium-sized" Air Force ROTC detachment in the nation for 2006 (the "High Flight" and "Right of Line" awards), #1 Detachment in the "Southeast" in 2006 ("medium-sized") and 2007 ("large-sized"), and #1 in the state of South Carolina three consecutive years (2005, 2006 and 2007).
The Tiger Pregame Show On Facebook
Tigerpregame on Twitter
Tigerpregame on Medium
Scott Rhymer can be reached at email@example.com