Clemson Photo Quiz Part II of III
(Photos Uploaded By Alan Cutts)
Alan Cutts, the man responsible for digitizing all of these photos for me, came up with a quiz for some of the photos. Today is Part II of III that will quiz you on your knowledge of Clemson through some photos.
Answers will be available at the bottom of the blog each day.
1. The photo below is of the first president of Clemson. What was his name?
2. John C. Calhoun called his home "Fort Hill" because it overlooked a fortification built around 1776. What was the name of the fortification?
3. As Thomas Green Clemson continued advocating a separate agricultural college, apart from the University of South Carolina, in June 1886 the Columbia institution gave him something, in hopes of diverting him from his goal. What did they give him?
1. Clemson's first president was Henry A. Strode.
2. Fort Hill overlooked a fortification called Fort Rutledge, built around 1776.
3. An honorary Doctor of Laws degree, given to Thomas G. Clemson by the University of South Carolina.
The Tiger Pregame Show On Facebook
Tigerpregame on Twitter
Tigerpregame on Medium
Scott Rhymer can be reached at email@example.com