National Champions

National Champions

Thursday, October 13, 2016

October 13th Clemson Historic Picture Of The Day

Late 1960’s View Of Campus

(Photo Uploaded By Alan Cutts)

Today’s photo is from the 1960’s and is the view coming from Highway 93 heading into Clemson. There are a couple of clues that help pin down the actual date of this picture.

Obviously, neither upper deck has been built on Memorial Stadium, which helps date the picture prior to 1978. Littlejohn Coliseum, although almost hidden in this picture, is visible if you look really closely. Littlejohn was completed in 1968, which dates this picture prior to that time.

I am going to take a vague stab and state that this picture is dated somewhere around 1966 or 1967.

What I love about this picture is the view of the Clemson campus. The reason I love the view is this is the exact view I see every game day in Clemson as I come in to town to host the Tiger Pregame Show. When I see this view, I begin to anticipate game day and our Tigers coming down the hill. Even after 30 years of coming to games in Clemson, the stomach still turns a bit when it is game day.

The Tiger Pregame Show On Facebook
Tigerpregame on Twitter
Tigerpregame on Medium

Scott Rhymer can be reached at scottrhymer.tps@gmail.com