Old Photo Of Bowman Field and Tillman Hall
(Photos Uploaded By Alan Cutts)
Today’s photo is a very old picture of Tillman Hall and Bowman Field with Clemson Cadets on parade.
Tillman Hall is not the oldest building on the campus, but it is one of the most recognized buildings at Clemson. It overlooks Bowman Field and was dedicated in 1891 and was originally called "The Agricultural Building."
Known as the Main Building for the first half of the twentieth century, it was formally named Tillman Hall in honor of Governor Benjamin Tillman, one of the seven original trustees of Clemson, by the Board of Trustees at their meeting in the first week of July, 1946.
Today, Tillman Hall houses the Eugene T. Moore School of Education, the school of Technology and Human Resources, and the Calhoun Honors College. Tillman Hall also has a small auditorium that is often used for guest speakers or small presentations. AFROTC is also located in Tillman Hall.
The building itself was completed in 1893 and is on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Tiger Pregame Show On Facebook
Tigerpregame on Twitter
Tigerpregame on Medium
Scott Rhymer can be reached at email@example.com