1940’s Clemson Campus
(Photos Uploaded By Alan Cutts)
Today’s photos are from post-WWII Clemson in the late 1940’s.
World War II took a tremendous toll on Clemson’s enrollment. Prior to 1943, Clemson’s enrollment was hovering around 2,700 students. Just two years later in 1945, that number would drop to 745.
Enrollment quickly rebounded, however, as GI’s returned to the States in post-WWII using the GI Bill that gave financial aide to veterans so they could attend college. By 1948, enrollment was up to 3,746 students…many of them war veterans.
The Tiger Pregame Show On Facebook
Tigerpregame On Twitter
Scott Rhymer can be reached at email@example.com